Thursday 21 May 2009

I shouldn't really post this...



...for fear of repeating someone else's sentiments but the song has been circling around my head, throat and heart for so many days that I almost feel I have to, just so that I can let some other songs in. This song has long been my favourite Broken Social Scene track, but for a good while they were a band I knew nothing about aside from seeing the covers of their albums frequently on 'Top 100 Albums of 200X' lists. A friend burnt me a copy of one of their albums, and I still didn't get it. Then, in 2006, I saw them live; my heart fell out of my mouth and as the evening progressed it found its way back into my chest. This song got stuck to the inside of my skin from that point on. Along with my completely healthy love for all things Kevin Drew.

Leslie Feist's redux of it aches in a similar way because her vocals and instrumentation seem to pull you into the late night until you're saturated in the smoky, lust of the whole thing. Late night passions, with closed eyes. Sigh.

Feist - Lovers Spit (Redux)

p.s for more wonderful words and musical things, visit here : the blisslist :

No comments: